On Thursday night, I received a message from the lovely GirlyChristina, that she nominated my humble little blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. Talk about being blown away! My jaw dropped…my breath was taken away…then I started dancing in the aisles, cause I was in the store at the time. It’s funny, kinda like New York, people do not look at you strange when you dance in the WalMart…but my moves really aren’t as cool as they seem in my head and I wouldn’t be surprised if I land on the PeopleofWalmart.com site.
I first met Christina when she commented on my blog post about having a latte. We’ve been bonded by pumpkin love :). She leaves the awesomest comments to my posts and even though we’ve only conversed via blogging, I just know she’s a kindred spirit :).
Back to this award, I never even knew you could receive awards for donating your silly, random thoughts to internetland. Honestly, I feel I win an award each time I get a new follower to my blog. Once I figure out how to message the followers back I will be sending out my acceptance speeches…”I’d like to thank wordpress for believing in me and giving me 10 gb of space, thank you Yahoo! for always answering my questions with such enthusiasm…(starting to rush because I feel my microphone may cut off or start retracting into the stage) Thank you God, Mom and Dad, absolutely my followers for spending a small part of their day with me…oh gosh, I just know I’m forgetting someone…”
Are you sure you want to reward such ramblings?
So, the Versatile Award has a few rules. I am to nominate 15 blogs I have newly followed or regularly follow and then share 7 things about me.
15 blogs I nominate:
1. Three Brothers’ Whiskey – a start up local distillery
2. (To be continued…I’m struggling trying to do these links on a mobile phone…I hope tomorrow to be able to connect with a computer)
Things about me:
1. My blog is cooler than I am 🙂
2. I love smiley faces and totally over use them. I even use them in my professional emails. 🙂
3. I’m a tatter. If you don’t know what that is, I’ll write a blog about it soon. If you do know what it is, please connect with me! I collect tatting friendships!
4. Daisies and carnations are my favorite flower.
5. I have been assigned to make a Doctor Who scarf. Season 12 to be exact…yes, that’s the long one…I welcome sympathy messages.
6. I’m the caretaker (well, ok mom) to 4 dogs, 2 cats and 1 bunnie. There is no room left in the inn…the inn is closed…door nailed shut with a sign up that screams: No Vacancy! Unless I come across a needy animal…then its all open doors.
7. I’m the shy, quiet type.